Transvac officially opened its state-of-the-art R&D facility in April 2010 to develop new Ejector technology for the oil & gas industry and to offer performance testing of systems and products.
New development projects are primarily targeted at oil & gas applications including subsea processing, flare gas recovery, sand management, produced water treatment and production boosting of low pressure wells. However, new Ejector designs are also under development for the nuclear, bio-fuel, chemical and wastewater industries.
The R&D facility includes high and low pressure equipment for handling water, gas, multi-phase and slurry. Test programmes are supported by CFD studies and include fundamental University research.
Development projects benefit from having Transvac's manufacturing facility and Projects Team based at the same site.
Liquid/Liquid Ejector Performance Sensitivity to Multiphase Slug Flow
Recent collaborative projects include:-
- Performance testing of Ejectors for sand slurry pumping – UK North Sea Project
- Development and performance mapping of patented Ejectors for subsea processing – Brazilian Project
- Performance testing of Ejector for multi-phase fluid pumping for subsea processing – Norwegian North Sea Project
- Performance testing a complete sand cleaning module – UK North Sea Project
- Development & testing of Ejectors for transferring radio-active waste – UK Nuclear Project
Recent clients include Statoil, Nexen, FMC Technologies, Aker Solutions and Petrobras.